Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Ready

Today I shopped for frames, wire, shadow boxes and hanging bars. A busy morning and two stores visited. Michael's and Wal-Mart.
I have four pieces I am taking to the gallery tomorrow. One I can't show as it's also for another event and has to stay hidden till end of May.
I came home and learned how to knot wire to back of frames; printed descriptions of my works, ironed the fabric ones, and glued the paper ones to backs of frames and sewed to back of largest art quilt.
I took them outside to photograph but got lots of refection's on the glass...brought them in to try there and did better... I love this hanging bar that is antique gold with black lines and the end leaves. Goes so well with the piece.
We can bring them between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. This is a dilemma, as if you bring them too early they will be the last picked to show, if you bring them too late they may have met their quota and again they won't be shown. So I need to time it just right to be early enough to be in time for the quota and not too early, not too late...Oy. Can you see me sweat?
I say a little prayer for calmness...this is a process. Many pieces will not make it to the judges. They always get more than they can accept. And if they do make it to the judges they may not be accepted by them. I would like to at least get into the show. But if I don't, well, I will survive. Put them into bags to protect them on their ride to the gallery tomorrow.
I will live. I will be disappointed of course but so will a lot of other artists. We can't all get in.
*********************************************************************************
I am not taking this piece...I am trying to make the portraits attractive on a background and sat and pinned beads in place and some mesh fabric but not sure it's a done deal yet.
what do you think?
Does everyone have their fingers crossed?
Eyes crossed?
Thanks I know you do!
LOL ***************************** My 4 1/2 yr old grand daughter was quoted in the preschool newsletter:
"You should never smoke cigarettes or you will die. I have NEVER smoked one in my WHOLE ENTIRE life!" ****************************************

9 comments:

  1. You got me sweating just reading!!
    Yes, you won't die, another day will dawn, everyone will be safe!!
    it's life's experiences....
    good luck, I'll be sweating for you, keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i'm sweating too. they look magnificent, including the last one. good luck, you will get in, i feel sure of it....hugs and holding everything i've got. and as for your grandd..she's a li'l star...wish she was in my class.

    wordveri:mircte (miracle?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most energetic person I know! Good luck getting into the show - I am crossing my fingers that they take all of your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers & toes crossed too. All look very professional. I hope it all goes in. Cute what kids say. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jude, SB, Mim and Chris, thanks so much for your good thoughts and wishes...It helps a heap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck in your show. they look super to me. Your granddaughter is a doll. That sounds like a poem to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have us all sweating. I hope you will get in. My fingers and toes are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thinking happy "getting in" thoughts! you can do it! your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!