Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Bloomin' Mother's Day!


One of the iris plants I purchased at the iris farm last week has started to bloom. This plant has three buds on it one of which I caught in different stages of opening up yesterday! I am not sure which this is but they have fun names like Art Nouveau, Sweet Talk and Paradise Found!



Today is Mother's Day in the US of A


I have two grown children, one who lives in Portland, Or. and has given me three grandchildren; and one who lives closer and has given me two. (twins)

 I am always happy if I get a phone call from them wishing me a happy mother's day. Today I am exceptionally happy to have received an invite for brunch at my daughters and later we'll go and watch my 7 yr old grandson play baseball! My grand daughter and I will draw and paint! It should be a fun day!
It may be a "Hallmark" holiday, but color me happy mom today!

And if you are celebrating the same I wish you
a happy Mother's Day too!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!! It sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a perfect day to me! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers.. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful iris! Love the frills and shape. Happy Mother's Day back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one of those precious phone calls today too. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lynn...what a wonderful Mom's Day you got to have! Your daughter and grands are so blessed to have you close by! Thanks so much for your sweet comments when my Mom passed...it meant a lot to me!!!

    I had once gotten an IRIS catalogue mailed to my house, and it is amazing (and you can see them all online too) how many varieties, colors, etc. there are out there...it blows your mind!!!

    The one you show here is really beautiful! I would love to visit an iris farm one day!!!
    God bless you, Lynn! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn, just started writing a comment and it disappeared. I have no idea where it went. I was saying that I love you. You are so full of enthusiasm, kindness, creativity, encouragement, love of life and living and people. Even on a personal level, thank you for becoming a friend to me and always being "there" in cyberspace even though we have never (yet) met in person. I always value your support and presence. Continue to spread your joy with the world and may it always return to you multifold! xo Elspeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!