Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Statues Make Good Models for Drawing!


The other day I had time between clients to walk downtown and draw. I chose to sit on a bench facing these bronze statues. I like them a lot. I have drawn them once before, but I think I did a better job this time. There is still room for improvement...maybe I could have turned my paper the other direction and gotten the guys whole body...but then I would have gotten less of the stores in the background. Choices. And his arm reaching up could have been better proportioned. As it is I have to pretend he had polio as a child and the arm is small because of it.

A man with a new camera came by and took photos of the statues.  I am pretty sure he also took photos of me drawing them.

A family came by and ogled at me drawing. They made appreciative noises and that made me happy.

So the girl statues face is #12 for the 29 Faces in September Challenge...




And the guy is #13...so now I am ahead of the game!


And this little bunny that I picked up at a thrift store and will take to my grand daughter Allie Bel next time I see her is here to wish you all a very happy Animal Wednesday, as Henry V is no where to be found.
He's probably outside somewhere aggravating the dog next door!  

6 comments:

  1. beautiful statues, lovely work as usual, such a cute little bunny for animal Wednesday, hope Henry comes back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the excuse the the little arm... quite humorous!! Good job!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea drawing statues, at least they aren't going to get up and walk away half way through..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn,
    I enjoyed looking at all the new art you've created! Wonderful. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very very nice, lynn. there is so much color and balance in that first drawing.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love seeing your Art on my brand new bigger monitor. Looks so good.
    Yes doing statues are good.. they don't make you nervous if they are going to notice if you are drawing them. :)) Fun that someone took your photo drawing. and you got some nice feed back from lookie loos. Great job on the drawing and what you decided to draw. I like seeing the stores behind and reading what they say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!