Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

My Arty Week in Portraits and Urban Sketches


This week I will start by sharing four Sktchy Portraits from the Sktchy App. I do these relaxed in my recliner at night, often while watching TV. Or the TV is on in the background, as I do pay full attention to my art journal as I am drawing. It's very meditative for me.

This is "Big Al", a California artist, who said he loved what I did with his photo.



I'm really having fun with backgrounds as you can see ...


And I love, love, love focusing on fabrics like the folds in her head scarf.


Needless to say the background on this purple/pink/redhead's photo was a true challenge and one I enjoyed immensely.


Then during the mornings of my week I have time to stop in coffee shops where I draw the other folks there, embellishing colors sometimes, and of course putting thoughts in their heads and words in their mouths.



Sometimes it's  a body position that catches my eye, or a bright red hat ...


And sometimes it's just the next person my eye finds along the wall or at the tables in front of me, who gets chosen.

 
It's fun to make up conversations they may or may not be having ...



And sometimes those thoughts and words come from my own experiences and from what's on my mind at that particular time.


It's definitely spring in California. I've been planting in my vegetable garden, pulling weeds, and thinking of more things I can plant in containers. I found three wire bowls at the thrift store today and will fill them with those inserts and add dirt and maybe some strawberry plants or tomatoes that can spill over their sides after I hang them on my fence over my veggie garden.


These women were more interested in the colors of the season ... And almost everyone has changed their black coats for more colorful outer wear.


Except this woman below, who may or not be a spy. I think she probably isn't, but again the stuff in the NEWS gets stuck in my brain when I write these things.

I wish you a creative week to come. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for your comments that are the fuel that keeps me drawing.

16 comments:

  1. Isn't that app fun, I've only played around with it a little but really enjoyed it! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it s great source of non copyright photos to draw!

      Delete
  2. Of course Big Al likes his portrait. Great work on everything as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super faces. Big All looks a bit like a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these great art pieces and and their thoughts...tough act to follow here!!! Love it Lynn!!!
    Happy PPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you are too kind. May I remind you that I'm relatively new at drawing and the "goodness" of it develops over time from practice!

      Delete
  5. Your Sktchy faces are by far my new favourites...I do look so forward to them!! I do love the background and patterns you're using in them too!! Fabulous fun work!!
    Always a joy to visit! The political stuff does get stuck in ones head... I got to exhale today for you though!! Thank goodness!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying my portraits! They are a fun challenge! And yes, feeling politically jubilant today!

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynn, have not been visiting PFF blog for a long time. So nice to see what you are dooing, I have to get this app, love sitting in my sofa corner in the evening creating something and using the Ipad is better than paint... And you are still drawing people now in a coffeehouse before it was at restaurant :)Love what you are dooing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've changed my venue! Fun! Happy to find you here! Do get the Sktchy app as it's great fun. And do come again next week!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous work! I love the Sktchy portraits, and it's funny how you think up conversations and thoughts in the people you draw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great art with the folds in the fabric. . and that first guy. GREAT! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!