Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

After a very long break, I am back...

Well if you can see this you know I have been gone for months, and this is just a snippet of my life since I was last here.
 
 
I still draw at Starbucks and Barnes & Noble Café most days of the week.


I am fully retired now so my days are spent drawing, quilting, volunteering ... I volunteer in my grand daughter's art class, which is just an awesome experience for me.

I still draw for Sktchy, but not as regularly I had been doing:


And my latest adventure is working with a personal trainer in a gym, just she and I, to strengthen my body and learn and improve balance. I've had seven 45 minutes sessions over October and early November, going twice a week, and I love it. There were moments early on when I asked myself what I was doing, was I nuts? but now I look forward to my sessions and I am starting to see improvements.
I'm keeping a sketchbook just for these sessions to record my progress.

I'm now lifting eight pounds and pulling 40!
 
I draw in other public places as well.
 

Since March I have completed five quilts for all five grandchildren and they all love them. Here are the two most recently gifted.



 And this is the one (below) I am currently working on. I'm really happy that I've gotten back into working with fabrics. It feels so creative and yummy to the touch.


So I hope this finds you all well. It took me a few minutes to remember how to even do a blog post. Really, it's amazing what one can forget when they aren't doing it regularly.
Take care and enjoy your creative lives!

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you comments should you feel like leaving any.

44 comments:

  1. I love your quilt work. You are such a talented artist in any medium you choose. I am curious about your strength training. I have thought about doing that. Maybe this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I feel so good doing ally arty things and now the body wok just adds to feeling good being alive! I think it is also allowing me to work even faster on my current quilt!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilts and bet that art is fun, lucky you, and good for you to be working on your strength and balance! Love the sketches and the commentaries on phone, so very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back here Lynn. I love seeing your art and your quilts, you capture the character of people in your drawings and how you manage to make/sew those large quilts is a complete wonder to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts and even more beautiful grand-kids! Glad to see you posting again. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love all of your creative activities. I live down in Pasadena, hope to drive north and stop and see you some day. Joel Morris

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to see you back. Sounds like your retirement is off to a great start. I LOVE the quilts. Each one is so different and beautiful. Your grands are so lucky to have you take such an interest in their lives. And a personal trainer....wow!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I am enjoying my creative life to the fullest. As I do not post here anymore you can find my art and I on Facebook and on Instagram.

      Delete
  7. Oh Lynn good for you enjoying every minute of your retirement!! I love your gorgeous quilts. I can see the joy the kids feel. Love your granddaughter...the gorgeous arty flowers are amazing.. so much creative talent!! You go girl!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have been away from my blog as the way I used to add to it is no longer working and I'm at a loss as to how to do it now. I can be found on Facebook and on Instagram. (Lynn CoMo)

      Delete
  8. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just so amazed. I'm already 28 and I still draw stick people. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. More at this site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynn, I know it has been a few years since we have chatted. I miss you and your wonderful art. I hope all is well in your world! Please tell your sweetheart that a fellow Nova Scotia ancestor sends him greetings. Big Hugs, TerBear

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your combination of text and drawings, Lynn, (not forgetting the quilts). I too, used to draw in public places before the Covid lockdown and masks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for such a great opportunity to write on here, I have been battling with herpes and diabetes all those while and that was the reason I have being around internet for awhile but I'm well and cured now by Dr Itua herbal medicine that I ordered through https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ and Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com a great herbal doctor, I'm so grateful to Dr Itua for his great herbal work. Dr Itua assure me that he can also cure all sort of disease with his herbal medicines like ALS,Herpes,Diabetes,Cancer,Arthritis and other diseases. I wish is anyone here sick wellness through Dr Itua herbal doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!