Here's what a pile of cut French Roses look like in case you were wondering. Tonight I sewed the last of the 40, or so I thought. When I laid them out on my bed one was missing. I was sure I counted correctly...but I cannot find the missing rose. So I created one from scraps for the fortieth one. Hopefully it won't stand out too much from the garden of others. Considering I started a bit before last Saturday (about six days to cut and sew these four layered flowers, I'm doing well.
At noontime today I went to the quilt shop to sign up for another class this Saturday in free style sewing/quilting. This so I can have an even better handle on my top quilting this rose quilt. I was surprised to learn that I was the only one in last Saturday's class who intended to top quilt their quilt themselves. The others all planned to pay someone to do this for them professionally. I was wondering if I was nuts or what, but I hope to be able to do it justice. As the woman sitting next to me in class said: "You'll be able to say you made the whole thing yourself!" YES!
And then on the 27th is another class (Andrea hear this) in Trapunto: a method of double stuffing your quilted motif to add extra dimension to your quilt. I am hoping this will be a lead in to the type of raised work you are doing. I want to make masks one day! Perhaps on quilts! I want to be an "Andrea textile artist" when I grow up!