Yesterday I spent a good part of the day making the backing pieces for my Ella wall hanging.
I used the vintage fabric that is closest to the photos here, but on the back you get to see the full range of pictures on that fabric piece (a mother and her young daughters sewing)... And intermixed it with black fabric like the border.
Then I pinned the backing, batting and top together. And added the few other pictures I had including a large 5" X 7" photo of Ella in the center.
Tonight I started stitching in the ditch and some free motion sewing as well. It is going to take some time this one. Lots of ditches to fill/quilt. There is this ongoing fear of "ruining it...knowing when to stop..." But hopefully it will all turn out well.
You can see the black border now too.