Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Art Every Day #7 Cotton Knit Scarf

This delicate cotton scarf is knitted using Lido Columbia Minerva yarn, the label says: "Comfortable cotton with a glint of glamour" 75 % cotton 25% Viscose. It is soft to the touch. I used size 13 needles to knit it loose. I got the yarn at the thrift store and have enough to make ten more scarves easily! ;-) I think I will wear it tomorrow night to the art gallery reception for the new show. My "Night Owl" art quilt wall hanging is in this show called "Nature's Bounty". Today I am joining my friend Kathy for lunch in a town away. We want to visit the art gallery there and the quilt store too because I've not yet been to that one and heard it is good. ;-) I put my Night Owl art quilt up in the banner because she is in a show this month at the local art gallery!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats re: Night owl in show. And hope you had a fun lunch. You will look glamorous in yr scarf I am sure. Have fun.pust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow another scarf. you are prolific. I have one to finish that I have been working on for two years now. lol No lie.
    Hope you had a nice day today. Nice to get out and about with friends and DO LUNCH.:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mother used to knit exactly this type of things in my childhood..your blog is very impressive and find immense happy to see such good artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i can't keep up with you, fantastic, and i love the owl. enjoy.it seems your life truly began after 60! go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you were not hurt. Your scarf is lovely.
    Your, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!