Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Queen of Hearts

Our Quilts Around The World group is hosting a challenge. I am to make four or more (depending on number in group who sign up) quilted postcards (4" X 6") with the theme being: "Any interpretation of a playing card from the traditional playing deck." No one said don't post them early! Here is my first one! Meet "The Queen Of Hearts"! She'd done on off white muslin, drawn lightly in ink, then top sewn and painted using Jacquard TeeJuice fineliner for fabric pens (purple, red, and yellow; yellow felt crown, glitter glue (gold); and fancy sewing machine heart stitches (hair and border); satin stitched around the edges. I will add some clean muslin to the back for the address as cloth postcards can be sent "naked" in the mail! But right now the stitches show the same picture as the front and looks cool that way too. ;-) [click to see details] DH and I had a date for dinner and Irish Music last night. To see the details see post I published late last night below: Includes drawings.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love her!!! What a great was to do her hair, you clever girl!!

    I bought a couple of quilted postcards on Etsy before. I really love sending them as little gifts. I wish I could sew :(

    I actually failed sewing in home-ec!!! I did get an "A" in cooking though.

    Can't wait to see the rest Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always, just totally loving your sewing fabric textile awsomeness! If you sent that in the mail here in Australia, it wouldnt make it to its destination, as someone from australia post would steal it!...whoops! did I REALLY say that? Well, I would...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of your finest creations. Very good. I dont think I would send it thru the mail. it might get ruined. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGOSH!!! This is just gorgeous Lynn! So much detail. One of your best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous. there's an award for you on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful lady. Someone will be lucky to receive her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card Lynn!
    BTW I love the sunflower quilt you made for Mim!

    have a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!