Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Page for Mim''s ArtySoulsisters sketchbook

I had a very good Friday, my day off!
I started making art as soon as I got out of bed.
I arted...did you know art is a verb? till noon in my pjs.
I cleaned a little bit around the house.
I did a little work-work from my office.
and I made MORE ART!!!!
This is the back of my page for Mim's book! The background is mono printed fabric, which I glued some quotes to. I then stamped flowers and circles using foam stamps and acrylic paint and circled the quotes with Elmers glitter glue. And this is the front of my page.
Mim's theme is "Women"... I drew nine women in my sketchbook, (using macro pens) for the nine of us participating as artysoulsisters, gathering together from "across the miles". I colored them using marking pens. Then I cut them out and glued them to the mono printed fabric background glued on cardboard from a cereal box...I added a few stamps from my foam flowers and circles using acrylic paint with a little dab here and there of Elmer's glitter glue in gold.
Click on photos to see details more clearly
I'll probably let this dry all weekend and mail it to Suki on Monday. (so I can hang out with it for a little while too) Shabbat Shalom. Have a funfilled Saturday.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is awesome just perfect for a WOMEN theme! I like how you say you want time also with your creation...I feel like that also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just great Lynn. I love the way you combined several different mediums together. It gives it such life like all of our personalities coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You are so VERSATILE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and energy these pages have!! I'm deciding which woman I am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. I love the theme and the drawing and everything. Forgot who this is for but they will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynn, this is awesome! Love it! I think I see Soul. Is one of the players? LOL!! I can spot that woman a mile away! How wonderful that you could devote an entire day to make art. And no, I had no idea art was a verb - shame on me! I guess it should be with all the action it can involve!
    Great work!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn - look at your snazzy new colours on your blog :) I love it! Thanks for your comment and note - YES, I just added a little "subscribe" thing-a-ma-jiggy on my blog. By the way, your pictures below are bee-you-ti-ful. Such vivid colours - we are a dull grey today here in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!