Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

As NYP comes to it's last stitches...

Since I decided to use this one part of NYP for the FLORA challenge in Quilts Around The World I thought I may as well publish it here today. Be sure to go to the link to see many very beautiful quilts being uploaded as we speak. You may recall I did a thread painting portrait a while back from a photo (on the back of the linen)...but Madam for whom I am making the larger piece wished for a more whimsical...folk art look...so I decorated my portrait with pomegranates, hearts, felted, beaded and embroidered flowers. This is half of the focal point of NYP.

9 comments:

  1. oh I love her! she looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This needs to be a book cover or cover of something else!!! Awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I loved the traditional thread painting but this is very Artsy and whimsical and I love it too. This is a fun center piece or as a stand alone piece of Art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and funny! You are certainly imaginative and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful...it looks like you are channeling a bit of frida here and i adore those pomegranates;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your compliments re this part of this quilt warm my heart and keep me going...the whole peice is getting closer and closer to completion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very whimsical! She is one bright, cheerful lady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!