Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm At The Art Gallery Today!

Mono MadnessSeeds of Hope I Seeds of Hope II Imago Mandala California Gold On Sunday I will be here volunteering at the Juried Art Show at our local art gallery. I have submitted these five pieces of my fiber art into that category. I will also be sitting next to the 3 judges so I will be able to see each piece of art as it is shown to them, and my job will be to write down their comments on each piece. I will do this from 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (They will not know which pieces are mine.) They will be judging in these categories: 1. Oil/Acrylic; 2. Watercolor; 3. Drawing/Pastel; 4. Printmaking; 5. Photography; 6. Mixed Media/collage/Fiber Art/Jewelry; 7. Sculpture; 8. Computer Art/digitally Altered Photography. AFTER they have selected all the pieces that they deem worthy to be in the show they will then go through those and vote on them to award prizes. If I can still write when I get home in the evening I will post the results on my work for the following day. Wish me luck. 1023

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I definately agree with you about the sense of loss - its weird really,because it is also so exciting to sell something one has created and made. Best wishes for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes. that's quite a job, both of writing and listening. And...to hear them critique your own pieces. yikes again. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be like being a fly on the wall. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my fingers and toes crossed that all your pieces get into the show. I was amazed at how many categories/media were lumped into the mixed media ETC. category. I would be scared to death to hear, but would sure want to know, what the judges had to say about my work. Of course, I don't have the courage to do anything like that yet. Way to go, and congrats on just DOING it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic Lynn! Can't wait to hear how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think these pieces are all fabulous and all deserve to hang in a show. I especially love mono madness, which is so aptly titled! All your work shows so much amazing workmanship (workwomanship?), interesting composition, great texture, variety of bigs and littles, fun colour... I could go on and on. The most amazing part is how quickly you've gone from never having quilted to THIS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!