Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Very Sweet Day Friday!

Pretty plate (at my daughter's house) is for apple and honey, symbols of a sweet New Year on the Jewish calendar this month. It's been a sweet year for me, and Friday was a sweet day. I was home with the day before me to use as I saw fit. I saw fit to stay in my bedclothes until 1 PM. I saw fit to sit and sew another pocket book (not this one, it's sold, but one of denim and lace and old fashion floral cotton prints)...I have six finished now to sell either here, on ETSY or at the local art gallery + 2 single pockets!
I saw fit to lay in my hammock in the back yard shade (warm out) and READ. I am reading Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult. The book grips me and makes it hard for me to put it down.
I saw fit to call my girl friend and talk on the phone catching up on our lives;
I did the weeks clothes laundry; I swifted my floors; emptied the dishwasher; made dinner; but mostly laid back and relaxed and really really enjoyed having a quiet sweet day!
Wishing you a sweet weekend!
I have a date with DH and my brother tonight to go hear
The Old West Trio again in Placerville!
Now that's sweet too, sweet music, good company, dinner out, I do believe
I am starting the new year off right, don't you?
;-)

11 comments:

  1. This all sounds good :)
    I also wanted to answer your question you had about my steampunk piece--about how I glued the lace on. I just used matte mod podge under it and over it (really saturated it) and then when I was finished with everything, I varnished over it. It has a feel like stucco, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it is the beginning of a marvelous new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet you are starting it out right. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plates - so perfect for a beautiful New Year's beginning!

    Your Friday sounded ideal....

    Have a great weekend! Isn't the WARM, SUNNY WEATHER delicious!

    Hugs,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in your post today are lovely. I want that hammock.. just the color invites me in. :) We all deserve sweet days. Glad you had one and its date night too. Can't get no better. :)) Loving the colors in your pocket books too. They get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, sweet days are the best. Love that plate with those fab colors. It is hard to imagine you just lying around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really SWEET day. I love that plate and bowl! Glad you had a good time. We all need to take a personal day now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I think of you, the Old West Trio comes to mind. I hope you are haing a wonderful time...well it is 9:45pm EST here...you probably aren't there yet!!!

    Sounds like you had a great day and start to the New Year!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pocket books are so wonderful lynn! I am glad you had a great day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great day. and your pocket book is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love those plates!
    And those pocketbooks! WOW
    You are always so full of great ideas and energy dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!