To curve my pattern in fabric I cut it into three parts, head, middle body and tail. And then I set about piecing squares and rectangles of the three fabrics together like a crazy quilt.
I did this for two sides and on the second day of sewing I sewed the two halves together and turned it right-side out...
I now had something to stuff! I left three places, one on each section open and stuffed them with poly-fill cotton stuffing. Henry was outside looking in, not so sure he wanted to meet Ms. Snake!
All stuffed and curled up on the floor she definitely looked grand but needed a few more parts.
She needed a mouth and tongue. So back to scraps and stash for just the right pieces to make this bottom of her mouth...
and tongue. Then I found these perfect heart buttons for her eyes, and added some sewing thread nostrils in turquoise! Wha-la! She is done!
Don't worry she won't bite. She is of the non-poisonous variety and very sweet! Y. will love wearing her around her neck and shoulders! Now off to see if I can make a pattern for my grand son's request, a little harder
than a snake. He wants a stuffed guitar!
Wish me luck! I'll need it!!!