Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Animal Wednesday and NOT Feeling Like Creating!

I'm on a two week vacation from work. I have time to do WHATEVER I WANT. I could be sewing, I could be drawing, I could be painting, I could be making mixed media or dabbling in wax. But all I want to do is READ books. So Henry is thinking about all those neckties I de-constructed... and started to iron open... and today he started pulling them off tables, and batting at the ones hanging over the ironing board...
and then he gave up trying to get my attention away from my books...because he finally realized
that all I wanted to do was read...so he curled up on my lap and chest and nuzzled the book of the moment and finally settled down to spread his lengthy body over mine and fell asleep.
And I continued to READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Animal Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. Good for you. Sometimes we need a break from the constant creating - helps in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a heavenly hiatus with Henry to me ! Enjoy, Lovely Lynn !

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading, one of my all time favorite activities, is always a wonderous thing to do. and doubly wonderous with a Henry cuzzying up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henry has the right idea...just relax and enjoy your reading. Everyone needs time to let the muse relax and store up ideas to come bursting forth as I know they will for you. Nothing like having your own body warmer. I have been wondering if your area is getting all that rain they are talking about on the news. ?? Rainy days always makes me want to curl up with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't think of anything more relaxing than reading with a "Furball" on top of you.....

    HAW to you and King Henry!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute header!!!
    popped in to wish you and Fred and everyone a very festive season/hope chanukah was wonderful for you all, and a very happy healthy 2011. been a good 4 months for me with no blogging,see what the new year brings, may be back.miss you lots my friend, thanks for staying in touch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could put aside more reading time other than bedtime. I fall asleep after one page and it takes me a year to complete a book!!! I miss the voracious reader I was.

    Can I have Henry V? I really ♥ him ;)

    hahahaha!! Word veri is : tiewif!!

    It just made me laugh because of the ties but I can't come up with anything clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good ol' Henry - knows how to entertain then pick the best cosy, comfy spot! I'm a bit like Lo at the moment - had the same book on the go for a good 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet. Good thing he didn't like down on the book. You know they love to lie down exactly where you're reading so that they become the centre of attention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!