Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Friday Night OUT!

My friend Diane invited us to dinner, which was absolutely delicious! I wish I had taken photos of the food as it was so attractive; but sometimes I feel I am being too intrusive with my camera. Just visualize a stewed chicken that fell off the bones in a delicious mushroom, onion, wine base; tiny potatoes; summer squash and a salad to die for. Diane had the usual lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado, however she added cut up bits of fresh nectarines. I'd never seen that in a salad before and it was so refreshing and good!
Dessert was very good vanilla ice cream in china cups topped with fresh raspberries, strawberries and blue berries. Again, refreshing and tasty. A perfect summer meal.
You can see one of Diane's many art quilts hanging on the wall behind DH's head. We got to meet and enjoy the company of Diane's friends who happen to live next door to her.
And DH entertained us, at Diane's request with his guitar playing and singing.
I think it's obvious that it was enjoyed.
And that we enjoyed the talk, and camaraderie of old friends and meeting some new ones as well.
Thanks Diane.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a laid back and enjoyable evening Lynn. Happy times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enjoyable night in with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time and that dinner does sound delicious. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds wonderful. You should have gotten a photo of the food. She would have been flattered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!