Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

SunFlower Quilt (My 3rd) is Coming Along

I've really been enjoying my quiet evenings sitting and sewing by hand on my 3rd Sunflower Art Quilt. French knots, felt circles and buttons...
on top of machine free motion sewing, and paints stamped on flannel, silk and cotton fabrics...
yarns couched down along side of running embroidery stitches
and showing it off in the sunshine outdoors just brings all those sunflower photos to life! I'm adding beads now and then maybe just maybe it will be time to add a clean back decide how to cut and turn or bind it and have it ready to hang!

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Love all the texture of material and the buttons and especially the stitching make it so lively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see it is looking fantastic. I can see another winner here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to have anumber of works around a similar theme. this is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You do amazing things with sunflowers, Lynn! I wish I could reach through the computer screen to touch your beautiful quilt!

    Thanks for your blog visit and good luck in my giveaway! ♥ Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo,, I love all the different textures,, this is amazing,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, I want a hint as to how you find time to do all the things you fit into your day. You are amazing. And I love your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your appreciation and praise for (right now named) Sunflower III.

    Chloe, as for my "time to do it all"...I have no kids to care for; my house is easy to keep up (now); my husband is not at all demanding; and I only work part time at my day job now...all of which leaves LOTS of time for creating art!!! Hope that makes me more "normal under the circumstances!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!