Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Old Haunts and A New One Too for Drawing!

The Pure Grain Bakery is a usual haunt for me to draw at now: Above are several busy people, not necessarily sitting together in actuality. I believe the woman in pink was sitting behind the two women who are together. I hope the man on his phone does not mind that she has joined him in my drawing. Did you find the bear?

I tried something different at Taco Jalisco's this week by dividing my page into small snapshots of people there. The top drawing is called "Salsa Dances" as the salsa container is a recurrent theme at each table. The man in turquoise in #1 could have been the twin brother of the fellow at the counter in #6 reading the paper. Mr.Two Pairs of Glasses in #2 had brown splashes of paint on his shirt!
The other people are of no particular interest they were just there! Oh dear, I just noticed that the guy in #4 looks like he is pouring salsa down the back of his lady friend. (he really wasn't doing that!)


I had time so I did a second page like the first, but this time focused some on the things on the tables.
The people in #9 were at the same table with many others. His red hat and shirt stood out as did her long curly hair.  The guy in #10 was facing me at a table just across from mine. I don't think he knew I drew him. I liked his shirt. "Free to Reason"...The gal in #12 had interesting tattoos and hair-do and color and piercings. Oh the people in #10 and #11 were at the same table across from each other! It does look like they are in coversation with the cartoon strip dividing them!


My new place to draw is the library. I caught this woman working hard on some paper she was writing. Long time since I did that. But it brought back memories. She has a tattoo on her ankle.

I'm sharing this with Paint Party Friday (tomorrow) and you can see the other artists there via the icon on my side bar.

My grand kids are visiting for three days this week. Some cool art will come from that (some already has) and I will post it later in the week. Stay tuned.

Thanks too for your comments as they mean the world to me.

37 comments:

  1. Love how you sectioned off the paper and drew little cartoon areas. What a great idea for quick drawing. They are all wonderful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn. I just love all your drawings. They take me "there" to where it's at. I feel I am in the same room. Exciting pieces and great work. Thanks and Happy PPF! Enjoy your time with your grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is a lot of people watching going on here. Makes me wonder if I end up in someone else's sketchbook when I eat out. :) Better mind my manners! Cute sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sectioned squares are cool!! Great (fun) job on all of them.

    Enjoy the Grands!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific drawings, love them all. Enjoy the grandchildren. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you catch so many of the details about each person. You commentary is always so light and warm and I enjoy reading it so much. I'm glad the man wasn't pouring salsa down the girl's back. But it would be a cute addition to a story.
    Have a great time with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Found the bear!! Love these sketches of people, but also hearing the stories behind them. Makes them come alive. The sectioned squares are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I loved how you divided the drawings. I think it gives the whole page more energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this week's snap shot of life in your part of the world. You make the smallest detail interesting with your wonderful illustrations. I also love the Free to Reason tee-shirt and the interesting girls with the tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy you your delightful loose sketches. They tell such a story and capture such fun details. Thanks again for posting!
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those sketches! You should make your own card line with various characters, using the same persons over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful narrative paintings again this week!
    Have fun with your grandchildren!
    Looking forward to seeing your art inspired by their visit!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your drawings of real people and the stories that accompany them. Wonderful study of human nature. I look forward to seeing the art from the grandkids' visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your sketches, they are always so full of life and interesting people! And it shows that you are having lots of practice, they are getting better and better! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sectioning off your drawings like this gives them a whole different look, it makes you see them as part of a narrative rather than individual sketches. What a great idea.

    Hope you have a fun visit with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to se how you would draw the life in India, with all its colors. I love India..

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great. I like the way you have made them into 6 little individuals per page. Nicely done. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow..these are all fabulous..always full of life and visually energziing to reflect on..wonderful!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to come across you one day sitting in a cafe with your sketchbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a true master at capturing the beauty of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoy your drawings, they make me smile! I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I'll bet you're having a great time with the grandkids! Can't wait to see all the cool art!

    I like the idea of breaking your sketches into boxes--gives it a totally different look!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so fun. I feel like I know all these places. Thanks so much for sharing all your talents and the twists and turns of your vivid life. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. SO interesting. Your narrative makes these people come alive...although it's not necessary...it adds just the right touch of 'human-ness'. Does that make sense?!? Anyway, I love the painting you did of the truck way up there on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  25. cracking up as usual.... i can related to the guy with 2 pair of glasses!
    great post.
    cheers, dana

    ps I think you should publish your sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a plan to self publish a book of my daily drawings/paintings by Dec. 2012. Thanks for supporting this idea!

      Delete
  26. These are all great! I love the idea of just capturing everyday life... that's where it all happens. :) Hope you have a wonderful time with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Enjoy the family art making sessions! Looking forward to seeing those too.
    The bear was the first thing I noticed. He looked like a spy hiding until I noticed the straps. It was a backpack, right? :D
    Fab collection of sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Paula, it's a small back pack this gray haired woman, who obviously still has an active inner child, was wearing when she came in.
      Thanks for deciding to follow my blog! I am honored!

      Delete
  28. I love your new place to draw! The LIBRARY!!!!! Have a wonderful grandkid visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely work again! I wonder whether those people know they're being drawn... I'm going to be on the lookout for people with sketchbooks from now on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your comics of the neighborhood each week fantastic work! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just wonderful! You are so talented - and I love the shots of you with your grandchildren - I'd love to go to Grandma's craft camp too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I agree with Kristin, so talented!!Love the salsa theme!! I was looking at #4, I could see that he was using the salsa for his food, but also looks as though its on her back. I was trying to figure out how one could make it look more like his hands were ahead of her shirt...a shadow maybe? Very interesting to look at it in a different perspective!! Good job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your work always make me smile :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!