Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Art by Susanne Pintura of and about Lynn

 This art is by a friend of mine, Susanne Pintura, who I was fortunate enough to meet and befriend in
Sketchbook Skool. Suzanne drew these wonderful portraits of me. The top one is her way of seeing me, my spirit, I believe! I think it is the exuberance I embrace in life. Although you will not ever probably find me riding such a "bike" I do feel the wind in my hair and that I am riding through life on a wonderful wind full journey.


Suzanne did the portrait of me when we were all doing  portraits of each other. I love her style and how she uses shades of colors that highlight my face and eyes and hat and hair. I feel that this painting too exudes ME in all aspects of myself.



These wonderful treasures reached me in this awesome map envelope that Susanne made herself!
I also loved the inside packing she used to protect the paintings. A Bran Cereal box written in French! Now THAT is worth saving too!



Thank YOU Susanne! I could not have been more happy to receive this wonderful gift you sent me.
I love the quote you painted by Picasso too. It is a credo I have lived by most of my adult life. As I continue to imagine and create a wonderful life for myself !

Happy Paint Party Friday! I appreciate your stops by my blog and the comments you leave mean the world to me. I will pass on your reactions to Susanne's art to her for you if you talk about it here.
Thank you.

18 comments:

  1. Love this style too. I see you on a Vespa, wind in your hair heading off to the next sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..great job she did. Does she have a blog to see her work? She captured your spirit well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful treat to receive these in the mail!! just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. terrific artwork Lynn, she has really captured the fun side of your character. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab artfriend you have - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long time no see, I am not in blog land much these days. Always love your work, so much life! Happy PPF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those paintings! What fun to find a kindred spirit through an online class.
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! She truly captured your essence as I see you too!! Just wonderful love her style !! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely artwork/representation of you. And must have been exciting to receive that creative packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you lucky lady!! LOVE the girl on the scooter - Viva Lynn, indeed :)
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, what a beautiful gift! I so love the freedom and living-life-to-the-full feel of that first painting. It is how I imagined you'd be ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's special and such a beautiful personal gift ;D
    You must be thrilled and rightly so... it will be treasured and rightly so
    Happy PPF and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those paintings are such special presents - those portraits definitely focus on your spirit! Enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susanne captured my impression of you perfectly... what a wonderful friend to have... and have a ride on a scooter for me as well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! Your friend Susanne must love you very much--it seems you share the same heart. Rather like kindred spirits, as Anne of Green Gables would say.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Susanne really gets you! Fun, energetic, enthusiastic.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. The portrait of who you are by a good friend is priceless. You are a very pretty, wild, and wonderful Lady. I always enjoy your posts. Blessings, Janet, PPF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!