Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Success is Meeting A New Friend from France and Drawing A Well recieved Portrait of her.

First Francoise drew me, an as yet unknown to me artist on Sketchbook Skool. And then she asked me to draw her back.


 This was my original ink drawing.


 
Then it was back to the usual day to day drawings at Starbucks. I love this woman's wardrobe coordination. Even her notebook matches. And her purse on the chair.



In my Klass with Veronica Lawlor we are using marks to denote size, distance, texture. I spent some enjoyable time doodling marks on this page.


And some quickies at yet another Starbucks morning out.




This guy I drew from his photo on Sktchy.



Some more assignments for klass: a building on site using thin and thick lines, straight and sensuous lines.

 
and for the prompt "breakfast" for "A Drawing A Day" challenge


More Starbucks Stars!



I love my coffee house peeps!




And more marks. I sure hope I get a good mark in this klass.


I hope you are having a creative week. Stay warm and safe where ever you are and draw like crazy.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your mark (comment) as it this that keeps me drawing.

33 comments:

  1. Super work, especially love the first two drawings. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clare! Thanks for your visit!

      Delete
  2. I've been away from PPF for a bit. Glad to be back and see ally our fun drawings. Hope its been a good new year so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely work you are having fun with your art and portrait exchange.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had lots of fun this week Lynn. Fantastic artwork as usual and once again I'm amazed that you have so much to share.
    I had to laugh at the restless leg syndrome :D
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nessie, I have stopped posting everything I draw now! Glad it's still a lot!

      Delete
  4. I just love the drawings of you and your friend. You just seem to be having so much fun. The "marks" are fascinating. I can see how this exercise would help in all kinds of art. Great works of your coffee peep. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole . I love that exchange of art too! Great fun! I love my drawing life!

      Delete
  5. Wow, your portraits continue to amaze me. Love the guy from sketchy too. You are a great spokesman for Sketchbook Skool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I love SBS! My drawing abilities have grown in leaps and bounds beyond my wildest dreams because of it! I love the community of artists and faculty there from around the world!

      Delete
  6. You are such a talented portrait artist. Love all your weekly observations,too 😃
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a high compliment coming from the best of the best! I thank you humbly.

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynn,
    That is some breakfast! I love your drawing of Francoise and hers of you. Your coffee house peeps are always fun especially the ones that say "blah, blah, blah!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots and lots this is fantastic. HAPPY PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a fun and lovely exercise, to draw each other, I love it! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Thanks for coming by! Glad you enjoyed your visit!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous illustrations! I love the portraits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful portraits - full of life and character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are fabulous!! I love the ones you did of each other! Gorgeous!! How fun is this...so FUN!! Wow Vincent is handsome too!! What a great post so enjoyable. Your style gives me so much joy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say the nicest things! Happy I bring you joy!!!

      Delete
  13. aaah what a great collection of your art again. Your faces are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you ever been a member of the Julia Kay Portrait Party on Flickr? If not, you must apply for membership. It is all about drawing/painting portraits of other members from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this group is new to me! I do the same with Sktchy!

      Delete
  15. Wonderful portrait of your new friend!!! Glad to see you are still sketching a lot! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your Starbucks sketches! They are a little slice of life! Your breakfast drawing is really cool - perhaps my favorite of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!