Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Naptime quilts going to their new home


A month ago my daughter told me she had a project for me. She said the kids, my soon to be three year old grand kids (twins) were going to start going to a new pre-school, and needed mats for nap time. Would I make some quilts the size of preschool nap time mats?

Okay! I love making anything for my grand kids. I got cute kitties with ABC's for the girl, and all sorts of vehicles for the boy. I had enough material left over to make little pillows too and made ties to adhere them to the mats. I did my first ever free style quilting with hearts down the boarders on the kitty mat. It was fun, and today they get delivered. Cant' wait to see the kids reactions.

I took a whole applique class to learn how to make their names on the bottoms of the boarders too!

They wrap up nicely with a tie to shelp to school each week. The pillow cases close with buttons and there is an inner pillow so the cases can be washed separately.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you posted these precious gifts for your darlings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!