Pages

Friday, August 31, 2007

Passion

Passion Flower grows on my back fence.














My passion du jour is quilting.
I spent another many hours session working on the fish quilt.
New sewing machine with so many bells and whistles got jammed and I could not fix it.
I packed it up and went back to the store. Today Becky, the manager, helped me.
Not only did she fix my problem (it was merely a thread not crossed over the right bar in the threading process),
but she taught me several more facets of my fancy machine. She also sold me two new feet. (Old feet needed to be replaced that did not fit on new machine. And she sold me a "Stitch in the Ditch" foot with a guide for doing just that. Who knew? We think I may need another walking foot, but she was out of those. Good thing. I am really running up a bill on this new passion.
Am trying to free style sew gold Sulky thread into waves along the boarder of this quilt. But I can't seem to make them be short enough.
I am pushing the 'length' button, to no avail. I'll try again later. I keep hoping someone more seasoned in using this new machine will chime in here with some helpful hints.
I learned how to sew little stitches shaped like bicycles today! Now that is something!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!