And they stuck! Wow!
Then I had to cut out 45 X 3 tiny yellow and orange pieces to go around the flower centers and cut and press them into place. I may have actually made fewer than this.
After which I went over the pattern and found maybe 2-4 pieces that I had missed, found those fabrics, traced, cut, pinned and pressed them into place.
I do believe I am ready to SEW! I will wait until tomorrow (thank goodness for a four day weekend!) as my back it hurting from all this labor intensive part to this work.
And I am pleased with the progress I am making. Excited about getting to the stitching that Melissa Bula calls "Renagade Stitching". I guess because it is so "non-traditional" for traditional quilt making. I call it sewing outside the box...art work...thread painting...its on top and it's fun and you don't exactly follow the lines or have to stay within any firm rules! It's ARTsY! And it's Fun!
Addendum: Tonight I wound 15 bobbins in readiness for sewing tomorrow, all different shades of purple, green, black and black blue, and yellow, beige; and pinned the quilt top to the batting and backing with big safety pins. She's all pinned up again! Oy. So many pins. My sewing will be very slow as I move from one part to another as I have to remove the pins as I go.
DH gave me a huge compliment telling me it already looked like the "Bula" quilts we saw at the quilt show a couple of weekends ago. (Well close maybe!) He is my DH remember! ;-)
And then I went into the garden to see what had changed from the day before and here is what I found: