And this led to: four more quilting classes; Beginning blogging and meeting other quilters, discovering ART QUILTS, Taking a walk to our local art gallery…entering my 4 art quilts in a gallery show; Then making it into my first juried art show; taking several drawing, sketching, and painting classes; Being INSPIRED GREATLY by meeting other artists through their blogs,
I now have a two page list of accomplishments, as a result of that looking at my life and Kelly telling us what a blog was.
1. At the top of the list is making many new friends from all over this country and the world,
2. who share their art with me, and their lives through their blogs, some of whom I have been fortunate enough to meet in-person. It is these artists/friends/you, who have inspired me to create every day and continue to stretch and reach and grow as an artist. Something that was not in my wildest dreams 2 and half years ago. As a result I have:
3. I have entered 13 pieces of my art in art shows in two galleries;
4. I have sold two art quilts (one on commission)
5. I have had one quilt published in an art calendar, as the result of a contest won in New Zealand. (as the result of blogger Sukipoet telling me about this contest)
6. I have entered and been accepted into two juried art shows,
7. I have won five prizes in shows for my work,
8. I have made a total of 51 quilts and art quilts,
9. I have made numerous ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), collaged sketchbook pages, fabric post cards and stuffed animals.
10. And I have added a quilting blog, and joined three bloggers groups to my dashboard for a total of five blogs.
I will give away three pieces of my fabric mono printing art shown here and the ARTY FISH shown here in a random drawing on August 19th. I wish I could make something for every person who comes to my blog. I will send at least one blank photo card to everyone who enters my give away contest. So leave a comment on this post saying you wish to be entered in the give away, and leave your snail mail address on my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can send you a card and perhaps a piece of art if your name is drawn.