Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet Sixteen & Happy Bloomin' Tuesday

Again, you may want to click on photo to enlarge and see details more clearly of this wall hanging.

So what do you do when you have finished one huge 65 hour art project? You make another immediately using your scraps and you build 16 mono prints into one wall hanging to give to your grand daughter who turns sweet sixteen next month! The process for this piece was exactly the same as my large "!" However, I just had to cut out smaller shapes from previously painted scraps/left overs from the other piece, and sew each one (they are much smaller) so this went quickly...probably four or five hours max to piece it all together. Now to make sleeves for both this and "!" and notes for the back with explaination and name, date, etc.

Now to figure out how to use the 16 pieces of candy I bought and turn them into an art card! Sweet! Get it? ;-0

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Oh well done!! So lovely, sweet sixteen!
    Lynn, have to say, I'm glad you've changed your header/intro, it took SO long to download..even though we have a fastish connection..

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun to find a use for the scraps. happy 16. wow. I can hardly remember back that far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower photo is gorgeous. A great shot.
    She will love the wall hanging....and knowing you I am sure you will figure out the card with the candy. Any left over send this way.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'sweet sixteen and never been kissed'. happy b day and many more...all these projects are keeping you YOUNG.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your 16 momo print Lynn.
    I wrote to you yesterday, pls. email me your address, sorry i can't read your cursive handwriting very well.
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet sixteen is a time for celebration.
    Now is the mood.
    Happy for these marvellous creations:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, reading over your posts about the past couple of weeks with the monoprints on gelatin of all things...~what an inspiration and the colors are marvelous!! who would have thunk it?? what a great idea and you have me thinking of new experiments when I get enough energy to try them!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!