Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Wasn't Going To Post Today...

I wasn't going to post today, but found my self sitting in front of my computer with a feeling of inertia. So here goes: Yesterday, Friday, I spent most of my day at my design table and sewing machine. First I made this sheet of strips of fabrics in what I hoped would be "fauna" colors, as I was making a quilt with a "fauna" theme. I put the torn strips of commercial fabrics on a sheet of card stock and sewed them down. Not at all happy with that I remembered something I just read on Judy Wise's blog about taking art you didn't like and cutting it up for something else...so I did just that...I cut it into leaf forms and lo and behold, I liked them much better! Now the quilt is finished but I cannot post it! I have to WAIT until the challenge I made it for is due the end of March I believe. I hate this part of that challenge as I always fear if I don't post it and write about it I will have forgotten my entire process in a few months time.
I will give a few more hints. I went to Michael's yesterday too and bought some goodies with my Xmas Gift card from Patty (in part)... the things used on the quilt are some of the stamps and the Archival ink pads. These turned out to be a real boon as they printed really well on light fabric and did not smear!
The little socks for $1 are for my grand kids' Valentines' Nesting boxes...the clay is so I can play around making art that you bake and use as embellishments on mixed media pieces. Maybe for those cigar boxes I got a few weekends ago? Oh, and I love the stamp I found that says "Mazol Tov"! Enjoy your Saturday!

13 comments:

  1. Love the leaves - what a great idea. It brings those fabric strips to life

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look like you are having so much fun with all your projects! can't wait to see the quilt challenge pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the answer to posting so you don't forget.
    Create the post with all you have to say and then just save it until you need it.

    But I don't know if I can wait that long cuz it sound and looks like so much fun! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're having way to much fun there. :) and we dont get to see either. bummer. but the leaves look great. what a clever idea.
    Yes Teri C is right. go ahead and create your post and save in in draft. walla you have it done when you go to post it. you will be glad to have something done while you are creating that Art quiltlet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot of nice goodies there Lynn

    Happy weekend
    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a Michaels fix to inspire you. I like the way the leaves came about. Great idea. Can't wait to see the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these, they too, remind me of feathers...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do this a lot...and call it my "divide and conquer" method of making the most of a quilting challenge. Your leaves are wonderful. You've taken "divide and conquer" to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good idea! I would love to see the whole piece. I love the layering of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your leaf solution is quite inventive and cant wiat, but will wait, to see the whole quilt. Sounds like fun at the store buying goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha that Mazel tov stamp is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Blog & Creative art work! New Blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug:
    http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!