Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Party in the Park!

A special surprise guest at the grand kids birthday party was our nephew Allen, who came up from LA for the occasion. Daughter and SIL put on a spread for 70 people! Best friends since infancy! Y and E.
Grandson enjoying his hot dog!
Grandma Lynnie had fun supplying craft projects
that were enjoyed by all.
Happy Birthday sweetheart!
A wee breeze would not allow the candles to be lit on the cakes
and A. refused to come out of hiding for his song...
but we all enjoyed eating the cake anyway. Later at their house the kids opened their gifts
and the fabric photo albums were a big hit.
The first words out of my grand daughters mouth to me before she even saw the
package were "did you make our gifts?" My daughter was very impressed by them.
I think my grandson, viewing his privately liked seeing his
art in his book too.
Uncle R. had fun putting together these Lego people!
And DH entertained us with song.
It was such a fun day and we loved hearing
"STAY" when it was finally time for us to go.
;-)

9 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a fantastic time. I love how your Grand daughter asked if you had made her something before she saw the package. That will be something they will treasure for a long time. Cloth books with them in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like such a fun day Lynn!
    The kids with all their toys. Years from now the toys will be gone but your book will still be there, what a great gift! Awesome!

    have a nice day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a big party!!! What fun. what pleasures. And look at all those presents. I'm glad they liked the books, they are so special. Congrats to your dear grandkids and may they have a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post and a super day. Lots of lovely photos and memories. Those kids look like they made out like bandits, too. I am so glad to read they liked their books. They are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful party! I want to make a puppet from a lunch sack, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful - can feel your joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a big day and I can see that a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful memories were made that day! And the kids will treasure those photo books for many years to come. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that I remember how to be a wonderful grandmother like you! You are such a giver, and I mean from your soul.
    I went to you tube so I could hear the song STAY. Great ending to a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!