Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

9 Hearts Done

These are the nine blocks for the center of the Earth Tone baby afghan. I am three steps ahead of here now, but will show it as I progress a little at a time. I really enjoyed learning how to do this Fair Isle design where I had to follow a chart, count stitches, and knit in two colors. All of this a first for me. Afterwards I added more color by embroidering around the outer and inner rims of the heart giving it a double hearted look! Our baby will learn many colors looking at her blanket. I blocked each square when done but did not press the iron on the heart so it remained puffy. I don't know what will happen to them when they are washed. I hope the puffiness remains. They have great texture this way too. Stay tuned for the next steps. Believe it or not we are being told that it could SNOW here tomorrow. I will believe it when I see it. If it does it will be the first time since 1988, the year we moved into this house! I told DH he could wake me in the morning if there is snow when he leaves for work. He's hoping for a call from his school telling him not to come in due to SNOW. LOL It's really funny for us in SUNNY CALIFORNIA! Have a good Friday and weekend! I'll be knitting! What will you be doing?

10 comments:

  1. Love these hearts Lynn! I'm as cluless about snow as you are. Nothing but sun, wind and rain here (maybe a bit of hail)! Still, snow has its beauty, so I hope DH gets his snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WONDERFUL!!
    Right now it's still dark (Morning time), but I can tell by my windows (covered by very fine snow crystals) and the wind that it's pretty much a blizzard outside right now--so you can have some of ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way this looks and the way you've placed the hearts. Mom and baby will love it.

    Snow???out by you??? wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors of this afghan Lynn. So warm and cozy looking. I am looking at snow flurries this morning too. Looking forward to visiting family this weekend. Have fun, I know I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors of the quilt. marvelous. hope you do get snow. it will be fun and it will melt soon. here we are having quite a bit right as i type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Lynn. I do have to say I was a bit surprised how mild in color the first square was when you posted it.. but I am not disappointed in the lovely colors you brought to this baby blanket. Its going to be gorgeous when all done. What a amazing job and to have just learned on your own how to do this. Well With a little help from the internet. Isnt the internet wonderful?? Bravo Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors are beautiful together and qualify as "earth tones" in my book. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly don't know where you find the time for all you do. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a really beautiful aphgan this will be, Lynn!! I love your hearts! Snow will be weird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These hearts make my own sing, Lynn ! I love, love love them !!!!

    I hope you stay cozy and creating all weekend ! Hugs !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!