Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Cactus Monday Returns

Last Saturday DH and I went out garage sailing when we came to this home in Elmira, a small community about five miles from where we live having a community sale. We met so many friendly folks on this mildly warm morning including this woman who invited us into her garden that was full of cacti. Here she is pointing out a blooming cacti and the bloom that had just appeared that morning.
I'm excited that my new camera that DH bought me for my birthday captured such detail.
The other blooms on the same plant were starting to wilt. I felt so fortunate to have arrived in time to see them and the fresh bloom too.
Happy Cactus Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! Enjoy your new camera;)

    HCW♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Even prickly things have beauty in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I know cacti thrive in that heat.

    What kind of camera is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. somebody sure is enjoying her camera.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome light violet blooms!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos. I am so glad you got your new camera. HCM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!