Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Beach Flowers on Bloomin' Tuesday; And another old Friendhship Renewed on Monday!

The flowers were in full bloom on the Bodega Bay Headlands this past weekend... These were swarming with bumble bees too... bright colors everywhere I love this doorway to the ocean... and just beyond we watched whales diving and arching up over the waves; and saw sea lions swimming around too! Loved this sunflower in front of a shop in Valley Ford! Which reminds me to tell you that my latest Sunflower Quilt is coming along
with couched yarns in orange and green; bright orange felt circles under button stacks
with embroidered edges turning them into little flowers down one side; there may be
more of those to come; more embroidery stitches hand done
all over; yes, it's coming along...
stay tuned!
On Monday I had lunch with my old friend, Janet.
It had been a while since we'd gotten together
so there was a lot of catching up to do.
Like me Janet is working part time now, so there will be opportunity
for more of these times and that will be really nice.
People used to tell us we looked like sisters.
We both wore green today.
I think even besides that I can see why they may have said so!
;-) It's nice having so many girlfriends
coming to visit me
this summer; and me them!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know what a beautiful part of the country you live in--I'm so glad that you can share it with us.
    (And you 2 DO look like sisters!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to catch up here. It's been far too long since I stopped by. My internet has been hinky, so I will try to catch up using this comment. Those sunflower fields are lovely. Even though Kansas is the Sunflower State, you don't see fields of them like you do in other parts of the county. And the ocean views you have shared these past several days make me feel a lot cooler than I really am.

    Glad you have been able to reunite with friends lately, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the bright happy colors this am. I needed them.
    And thanks for your healing thoughts. I am slowly getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a resemblance! It's so wonderful you get to hook up with old friends. Your ocean front is beautiful, I do miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you have lots of inspiration for sunflowers in your area. You are blessed with wonderful friends. This lady could pass as your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of the Ocean. Did you get any on the Whales? How fun. Looks like a nice Visit you had. Its fun catching up with old friends. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do look like sisters! The flowers are beautiful and your quilt sounds fabulous! Girlfriend Power!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those beach shots,,,especially the one with the boulder!
    Looking forward to seeing the quilt.Love sunflowers!

    Are you absolutely certain you aren't sisters?
    Sure could have fooled me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!