Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Practice, Practice, Practice...Painting

On Wednesday I went to our city park
and painted this scene with the red metal art structure and the huge tree in front of me.
I sat on a park bench, with my supplies on the picnic table where for an hour and a half
I drew and painted. One gentleman wandered by and said: "You are an artist."
I said: "I'm trying to be."
 Next time I am just going to say "Thanks."

 On Tuesday I sat in the Town Square, this time facing away from the bakery, and drew and painted the  Mexican Restaurant, Los Reyes, across the square.  I worked on my shadows...but they keep looking like water to me. And the place was NOT flooded. Also there were little rod iron fences in front of the diners which I left off. I wanted to see the people. I like the little man on the bench. He looks like my DH.
Two young women stopped to admire what I was doing. One exclaimed: "Beautiful"...boy, that sure feels good. She asked me if I sold my art. I said sometimes. But she didn't offer me a price. :-)

It is getting easier to meet my public.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, I reckon you have done really well with these paintings, they show the atmosphere of the place - and brave you for sitting there sketching and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann--I don't think I could sit there and paint with people watching me. I love the loosenes and the feeling of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these paintings. I agree that the shadows look like water and think it's the color. Perhaps a dark version of the floor color would work better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you for getting out there and being a real artist! I have found shadows to be hard too, except for the blue ones on snow. Those are the only easy ones for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Lynn. You are growing as an Artist with each painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed next time you say thanks!
    They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful, glad to hear you are being admired. Its great that you are taking your art "out"

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a brave soul. Ilove your pictures especially the restaurant one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, ma'am, you are an artist and I love your work!! Such a cool style - one I could never pull off for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone can say they are an artist, you can!!! Great painting, Lynn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynn, just to let you know, I have done the sketch of Henry V !! on my blog today 23rd. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But Lynn, you ARE an artist!!! I love both your paintings, especially the Mexican restaurant because of its colors. I still don't dare to work in public, simply because I can't draw (but do it anyway), but perhaps I should just try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't ever tried painting in public. This is a good description of your day. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!