Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baby Day At J's on Animal Wednesday: Got Stories?

There were two very young babies at Jalisco's on Tuesday. This one below was big enough to sit up at the table and play (bat at) the little toys hanging from this clip-on bar while tattooed mom and dad chatted and ate.


The couple who I often draw came in about then and Mrs. Couple smiled at me and nodded just as if she knew me. I of course smiled back as if I actually knew her too. Then they sat down at the table next to me to eat. They had their backs to me, which I did not take personally. I could have drawn them again, but I didn't.


Then the blond ladies came in both with very long hair down their backs and sat and talked, while the same tattooed mom fed her baby; and a second mom held and patted her much younger new born while the grandma watched.

I came home after work and painted  both drawings at my patio table, as I often do.

Henry found this all rather dull today. He did his tail slapping at my paints and then went and aggravated the dog next door behind the fence, after which he plopped down on the patio cement and took a nap.
Okay, he's MY baby.
Sweet Dreams Henry!

and
Happy Animal Wednesday!

15 comments:

  1. And here's wishing you a very happy AW too Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting goings on in the restaurant. a whole world of stories there. henry has the right idea. take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Jaliscos is a treasure spot for people watching. I'm getting the idea that you eat there everyday recording the world as it passes by and have been doing that for a while--long enough where people nod. Great idea. Great paintings. What's the food like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat here about twice a week average now to eat and draw. The food is very good Mexican fare. I always almost always have one fish taco and half an order of guacamole. They make the best guacamole in town. Their chips are good too. Their chicken enchiladas' are also tasty with whole beans and rice. My husband says their burritos are good as well.

      Glad you are enjoying my paintings.

      Delete
  4. Lynn, by now...I am sure some of Jalisco's patrons KNOW you are an Artist...when you finally publish your book about the Restaurant and it's varied customers....you will have a success!!!

    Oh Henry....le Petite Roi..... even in sleep, his presence is commanding! I adore him.

    HAW!

    Kiss the King!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I so hope you are right about the success for the eventual book! Fingers crossed!!!
      I know you love Henry! He'll get his kiss, promise!

      Delete
  5. The colors in your work are perfect.
    Henry cracks me up,,we just so bore them to death, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bab, glad you like the colors! yes, Poor Henry!

      Delete
  6. oh to have the life of a cat!
    I find what you do so interesting, may I ask, Has anyone ever objected? To you sketching, I can't see why but there are all kinds out there and I just wondered,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie only one person at J's even mentioned my drawing them and she loved it. Wanted my "book" and wanted it autographed. (when I finally self publish one)
      No one else as ever complained. I rather think most people are oblivious that I am drawing there. I could be wrong. But that is how it seems to me. One person at the bakery also came up to me and expounded on how cool it was that I was drawing. So no complaints there either. I hope that never happens but I guess it could.

      Delete
  7. Love how you tell a story through your art work! Great drawings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. baby day ... such fun people watching you experience ... and cat watching too! I love how he aggravates the dog behind the fence - cats are funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynn, Great post :O) Can't stop ... you know why!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Henry.....!!! So darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!