Last week at Tacos Jalisco "The Floor Guys" were having lunch with another guy~
And two women, one with an interesting enough to want to draw it head dress,came in
and sat next to them.
Then later this week books came in and I brought Carlos his book!
You can see him behind the counter reading it.
Well, he looked up and noticed I was taking his picture from across the room.
He's a movie star so this is no big deal I am sure!
You can see the sign on the counter with the picture of the book cover on it framed in black.
We have cards there too so if anyone is interested it tells them how to order themselves a copy of "One Fish Taco and Half an Order of Guacamole A Year of Drawing Over Lunch at Tacos Jalisco".
Below you can see Carlos reading the book again and throngs of folks waiting to read it over his shoulder!
(Carlos,I apologize for letting black ink run down your face! I didn't catch it in time.)
Later in the week DH and I went to Martinez and had a latte at the Starbucks there.
I got to draw this very young couple. It's my favorite picture of the week.
They were so young, she was so shy, and cute, and I don't know what he was saying, also very
young and cute, but she kept blushing. I think you can see that ...
... in this close up of her!
I drew this, a quick sketch at My Art Show last week. I didn't have time to finish it, as people kept
coming in and wanting to talk to me. So much for drawing at the art show! Which was in a very chic consignment shop with lots of very cool clothing!
This week I ate lunch one day at the Italian Deli, again.
No one was there when I got there so
I just drew the scene out the front window and across the street.
On another day I had to get the oil changed in my car at the Cherry Pit.
I drew this guy and the surroundings inside the small waiting area.
And then of course there was yet another day at Tacos Jalisco!
And that pretty much wraps up my week!
I wish you all a great weekend.
I know mine will be fun.
Maybe I'll have more drawings from it to share with you next week.
Happy Paint Party Friday!
May I share with you one wonderful review
of my book?
Joss has a blog called Soulbrush, see her wonderful art there!!!! She hails from London, England!
From Joss Rossiter about "One Fish Taco..."
wonderful book has arrived and I am totally enamoured with it Lynnie. I can't stop looking through it- reading it all, savouring the images and being in awe of your talent.
I remember when you started -first with the quilts -and you were so hesitant to show them and now look at you!
I remember when you started drawing and you were so hesitant and now look at you!
We both truly show our families that 'old is definitely not cold'!!!! And you can do anything if you want it badly enough and you work hard enough. Practise, practise, practise, is all it takes.
So here is my feedback.
1. Love the colour of the cover, and the title and drawing on it.
2. LOVE the fact that Yael's illustration of you- which is just perfect- is the first thing I see when I open the book. (Imagine how wonderful it will be when she is showing her grandkids one day!)
3. Love the fact that 'the couple' runs like a thread throughout the book. (Bet they do too.)
4. Great the way you show the advancing of your skills- they certainly did over the year. It makes the reader want to turn the pages to see what comes next and how you will imporve as the book goes on.
5. Great the way you have included the family- what an honour and utter joy this must have given them and be giving them now.
6. I am 'blown away' that you don't ever use an eraser. I certainly didn't know that.
7. Your freedom of style is aesome, the 'squiggles' that show so obviously that we are looking at a fork or a cup or glass, is excellent, and takes skill.
8. Your use of colour is wonderful, I know you are painting what you see, but it is wonderful- I looked and looked to see if I had a favourite page- but not yet- I must say I love the pink haired lady, the red hair, the grey beards etc. but so far I love too many to have a favourite.
This will definitely be a 'coffee table' book in my house, to be picked up and looked at over and over again. And I will certainly be showing my whole family. They all know who Lynn, my friend in California is.
What's next? There has to be a new arty book from you in the pipes???"
Thank You Joss!