Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

How I Exercise and Eat Go Together To Make Me A Healthy Gal


Weighing on my new TALKING SCALE literally TELLS me how I am doing!!!! And I am proud to announce I was down another pound this morning!!! May it stick!



First I get down on the floor and do some floor exercises, that includes stretching legs and arms, 50 abdominal crunches, and a yoga pose I think is called something to the sun...that works my spine.
It feels good. I am not a yogaterian, unfortunately!


From there I go to the treadmill where I do interval walking between 2.6 and 3.1 mph for 20-30 minutes or more. I've recently added some time on the stationary bicycle. DH uses all these including the Nordic Track. We got all these pieces of equipment except the Treadmill at garage sales over the years. Paid maybe $25 for each.The Treadmill we've had for over 20 years and got it new. We sit on the weight bench to do weights. I lift small 5 pound weights for biceps and triceps. Sometimes I use the large pull down weights, and sometimes I do the leg lifts here too.



And this is a new addition where I make myself accountable. I write down what I do each day.
It's good to see it there, as I like to compete with myself and seeing it makes me want to fill in the squares. I do take a day off now and then. But it's good to see that I actually have been working out 5-7 days a week. It used to be much less. No wonder I am consistently losing weight and inches!!!!

I also note what I am watching on TV so I know which episode of a show I just saw and what I can tune in to the following day. This too helps with mindless walking.

I hope my tips and sharing help others to be inspired to take good care of themselves as well!

Now it's time for my morning Smoothie. Today it will be organic banana, blackberries and raspberries, nuts, seeds, and non dairy coconut milk. Maybe I'll throw in a few sprigs of broccoli.

Have a healthy day!
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I missed this one. Looky all that equipment. Wheres the TV?
    Keep up all the good work you two.
    But all those greens are turning your toes green. hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!