Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Fun Day With GrandKids at Adventure Playground at the Berkeley, CA Marina

 This was the most awesome playground I have ever visited anywhere!
I even got to participate in ways that were great fun for me and the kids.


They turned nine last month but we were away for their birthday so we took this day to celebrate it with them. We had to wait a few minutes before it opened.


First you go in and you have to find a number of old nails or wood splinters of a certain size to be able to obtain hammer and nails for creating/adding to the structures in the playground. I'm glad the kids knew the ropes.


This is where they got their tools, and later where my grand daughter and I got buckets of paint and brushes to go back and paint over painted wood planks decorating them with our own motifs.


She finds a hammock inside one structure to rest on.


He formulates a plan for his first creative endeavor with wood, hammer and nails.


She grabs the rope for a swing around the pile of old tires!


He finds another kid to play a game with.


Later, she and grandpa went for a Free Sailboat ride and he and I sat by the water to sketch.



While we waited for the boaters to return he climbed this wonderful tree.
And I drew him doing so.


Later we returned to the playground where they both had great fun going down the ski line.


And walking back up again from the dirt landing to do it again, and again, and again!

Afterwards we took them to have ice cream cones, before taking them home.




I left feeling full of joy as a very, very, very happy Grandma.

11 comments:

  1. What a fun place to take the kids. Love that big tree to climb. Who ever thought of that place? Not sure I understand the splinters and nail turn in but what ever works. Glad you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it teaches them about cleaning up and also about having something to give in order to get something back... a kind of "money" to pay for the use of the nails and hammer.

      It is an amazing place to play. And I only showed a bit of it.

      Delete
  2. Wow what an awesome day you all had!! You and the kids are adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a fun day for all of you!!! I enjoyed the photos and the commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a delightlful day I can't believe how big they are getting and how beautiful. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very unusual playground. Very interesting!!! What a great day there! You look like a very happy happy G-MA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing place. I can't see them allowing kids to have nails, wood and hammers over here, the old Health and Safety good-doers would ruin it completely, lol. Looked great fun, I feel quite envious of your day - bet you all slept well after all that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!