Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

A Week of Travel and Drawing On The Road


We set out a week ago to visit family in Oregon ...
My dear husband does all the driving and I do all the drawing!


We had dinner from a Portland food cart and I drew there ... 


And our soon to be five year old grand daughter drew too! I love sharing my art journal with her! 


Allie and I took a walk and she played on a tree swing up the block from where she lives! 



I drew her in her backyard! 


Fred and I had a morning out at Powell's Books! I like drawing in the cafe there! 




On another morning I drew Allie while she drew a "fancy goat with wings!"


One of my favorite places to eat vegan in Portland is Harlow's on Hawthorn! This family was fun to draw!


We also visited our eldest grandson on his land where he farms his own food ...


... and his sister, our second grandchild, and her fiancĂ©, where they also live out in the country at Camp Colton! 
Michael has quite the garden there too!


Today we did our usual Thursday drawing jaunt at Barnes & Noble Cafe! 




There are always just enough people there to draw! 

When I go to Portland I enjoy dropping in and shopping at their art supply stores! I got markers, pens and art journals at the Muse on Hawthorn; pen carriers and calligraphy pens at Fred Myers; 

and I hit a sale at You Are Framed for pens I normally pay $4 for were $1 each, a peach crayon for skin tones, a cool supply bag for $2.99 with a shoulder strap and two zipped pockets! 

At B & N I got a large art journal on sale for the Creative Lettering klass in Sketchbook Skool with Andrea Joseph that starts tomorrow! Join me there?


Wishing you a creative week! Thanks for stopping by! Your visits and comments inspire me to keep drawing! 

11 comments:

  1. Love seeing your family Lynn. They are really beautiful. And your sketches are always fun too. One of these days I am going to actually do more than drive through Portland (I live on the east coast) and visit Powell's books. I'v heard so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love road trips (not marathon length ones, a couple of days is good) and you certainly made good use of your time. Your groups of people just keep getting better and better, and more and more interesting. I am finding the artist and her powers of observation fascinating. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAwwww she takes after her grandma. That is so special to do art with her. I only live about 3 hours from Portland and never go there. I should get some of the girls for a road trip. Your art is so wonderful and I love that you draw what is around you. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely week of great sketching you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for taking me along on your trip!! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did so enjoy your sketches of your trip to Oregon. I especially like what you did of your sweet granddaughter. Wonderful to share the time doing art and passing that talent along to the newest generation. Unless you really dolled him up, your dh has one really handsome profile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Allie is so grown up seems she was just a baby...beautiful girl! All your grands are good looking kids!! Great drawings this week...good deals on the art supplies too. Cupcake found me a white pen for two dollars that I love...it's normally seven.. She's on the hunt for more!! Love dh profile...very nicely done...and of course Allie!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! What a wonderful way to document your journey! Love how you are sharing your travels through art! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to combine a love of family and a love of sketching!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sketching! Great idea to draw people in cafes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again your wonderful artwork and happy narrative blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!