Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving


Welcome to my week of drawings. I did a lot of portraits this week.  Eleven from photos on the Sktchy App and two from photos of on line friends.


I drew this woman last week in black and white. She has such a soulful face.

 
And this little guy had such a cute expression.

 
She looks exotic to me.

 
And she had such interesting lines.

 
Jens had such a beatific smile for someone in the hospital.   I hope he's okay.

 
I look for interesting poses and her squeezing her lips together really got my attention!


I loved her hat and glasses!

 
 I enjoy drawing people from different cultures.


And different racial backgrounds.


She didn't really fall down, but I had to give her a story as she sat in the middle of this path.


And here she is again. A truly beautiful young woman.


Harold is an online artist friend who had a birthday this week. I felt like drawing him and wishing him a happy day. He's an Urban Sketcher too and draws in Chicago while I'm drawing in California.


When Jaimie saw it (another online artist friend) I could tell by his response he'd like one as well so I drew him too. He liked it.

 
I continued to draw all week at the coffee houses and made stories out of the scenes I came upon.








I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed drawing them.


Sometimes I draw more men than women...




And other times there are more women than men ...



Or one of each.
 

I leave you with a flower from my garden as my Thanksgiving Bright Wish to you. I am grateful for so many things. I like looking at the bright side of life. This flower and a garden full of others like it help that be so.

 
Thank you for coming by.
Have a Creative Week.
Be good to everyone around you.
And I hope they are equally good to you.
 
I appreciate your comments as they
Really Do Keep Me Drawing!
See you next week!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you Lynn. Blessings to you, Fred and the rest of your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Happy Holidays to you and yours as well.

      Delete
  2. Great portraits all of them. I love the lady with short hair - Simone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them riita. Nice to hear from you here.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful portraits they capture your love of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, I'm glad you can see that.

      Delete
  4. Very expensive portraits. Well done. Interesting people analyse, too 😃
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful variety of subjects this week, Lynn. My favorites are Simone, Ava, and the guy with the service dog. Keep up the good work. Your posts each week are great insights into life in California (I think).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, so glad you enjoy them. I sure enjoy doing them to show our life here.

      Delete
  6. I do love your variety of people and poses. Very cool! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's been three years or so since I've visited your blog (or any blogs I used to visit regularly). I love looking at all your wonderful sketches of people - you are very prolific! Hope to be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Lessandra. Glad you decided to stop by for a peek. Do come again. Glad you enjoyed todays visit.

      Delete
  8. So many wonderful people...none alike...are we? :) You are getting such good experience at reading people and understanding their conversations. Makes me smile!
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julene, I do love making stories up about my people. Great fun. Glad you smile because of them.

      Delete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn! Your sketches of people are such fun and always make me smile. Continue the great sketching!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan. I hope your Thanksgiving was all you wanted it to be and more.
      I am pleased to know my people sketches are fun for you to see. I will keep drawing them then. ;-)

      Delete
  10. I just love your journal pages! So fun to sit somewhere and sketch people! ♥
    xo Michelle #49 at PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoy seeing what I like doing!

      Delete
  11. Fabulous variety Lynn...I love all the personality you capture in your faces...they all emote something different! Wonderful work as always. Your style could be recognized from miles away!

    Hugs for you
    prayers for your kids!
    Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fun/funny portraits today, Lynn. I like when you put the words in their mouths and the thoughts in their heads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the characters. . .somehow I feel I know some of them. Fun! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!