Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2016

My Crazy MIxed up Week





















 
WELCOME to my blog this week. I load photos from my iPhone using a Blogger App because all my photos are now on my phone; it's a slow process and it gives me lots of headaches (error messages, "try again") But here I am and here they are, NOT in the order they were drawn this time, but here nonetheless.
 
Drawings  #1  #2 and  #3 were all drawn today at Barnes & Noble Café.
 
The two ladies in the first drawing are regulars. I overheard their conversation while greeting a third woman momentarily, and heard said something to the effect that told me they were all "Writers"! So NOW I know what they have been up to all these months that I have observed them working together there on their computers. I have drawn both of these two many times before. You may even recognize them by now.
 
 

 
These two guys are also a couple I have drawn numerous times before as well. I am sure they now recognize me too. I have no idea if they realize I am drawing them or not.



And these two guys were new to me. I haven't got a clue what they were doing, but it looked like work.
My eye was drawn to all the gardening books behind them, as you can see.
I have become an avid gardener myself since this past summer and our new landscaping.



Meanwhile I am also continuing to draw from the Sktchy App on my iPhone. I like drawing from those photos of people. It's fun when they see my renditions of themselves and tell me they like them.


I did both of these portraits last night sitting in my recliner in front of the TV.



The day before we were in Starbucks in Dixon where I saw these two women chatting away.
Drawers License allows me to put words in their mouths and thoughts in their heads.



 

And this woman, who had extreme hair was begging to be drawn.
 It was truly mind boggling HIGH!


The night before last I drew a few more Sktchy folks.



 
Earlier in the week I drew this handsome fellow. He really liked it.



And this guy had a distorted photo of himself much like a distorted photo I had of my self so I drew us both as a couple. He said we were  "cute".


 
Back at Starbucks on a different day these two lovely young ladies were busy at their laptops.


And this woman had a tall orange knit cap that caught my eye.


This fellow was busy blending into the background.




These two women were actually at the same table talking to each other, but sometimes I miss place a person on my page so they get their own separate table.


 
Another Sktchy person, who I think I got a very good likeness of. I don't often do that, but am pleased that this time I did. I guess it can happen.

 
Another day another Starbucks in town this time, was busy.








More Sktchy models. I have drawn her twice before. I am mesmerized by her look.


 
Vin is on Sktchy too and I've drawn him before from different photos. He was one of our teachers in Sketchbook Skool.
Speaking of which, they have a brand new klass for beginner drawers for people who think they can't draw, but would like to learn. Basic stuff, and I'm taking it, as I never really learned basics before. I just draw what I see. But feel I can learn new tricks. It's called Drawing for People who Think they have NO Talent.
Check it out at SketchbookSkool.com and it's only $29 for 26 videos
with Danny Gregory.


 
This was in another town in another Starbucks.

 
She liked my portrait of her too.
 

 
Last week at Barnes and Noble Café (these photos were meant to be at the top of this post, but due to the error messages, etc. they made it to the bottom) No matter.
It was the day after Thanksgiving. We did NOT go shopping.
Just out for coffee and drawing and then home again.


I loved this woman's tights. They were shiny and bright and did look like a mosaic of fish fins to me.

 
She was showing off photos on her phone to another woman.


 
There's the other woman with grey hair and they were joined by a third woman.


These gals were there too, but sitting behind them on the next level up on high stools and table.
The Dinosaur is a friend on the wall behind them.


Ah, this was drawn at a fast food joint we went into because my husband's blood sugar level was down and he needed a food boost before getting to our Thanksgiving Day destination.

 
Another happy Sktchy person.

 
Back at the Dixon Starbucks on another day.

 
And here ...

 
and here ...


Last, but not least, we were in Winters, CA for lunch at the El Pueblo Meat Market on yet another day. We are busy getting out and about on purpose to get me places and people to draw. It works for me.
 
Thank YOU for coming by and visiting my blog. Your visits and comments keep me drawing.
Hope to see you all next week again.
 

11 comments:

  1. Gosh I love your observations!!
    I wish you and I could have coffee sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been so busy! And very brave to draw in public. How nice to be able to draw the same people over and over, even if some of them sit in 'your' spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so fabulous! I love so many of them...I really loved the one of you and the guy with distorted faces and Cole was amazing the girl holding her phone...so so so many wonderful fun sketches!! Wow that was a calgon take me away moment"! Thank you for sharing!LOVED IT ALL!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your portraits AND I have discovered a delightful humor in your comments in the artwork. Great fun! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, how your people portraits have evolved and improved over the past couple years!! Wow and congratulations. You are really getting down the "shorthand" of the regulars. They are so recognizable. The sketchy portraits have such diversity and personality. Fascinated by scrunchy faced Nick and love love the bold, clean, confident portrait of Chuck especially. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful! I always wonder if your subjects realize you are sketching them or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starbucks surely is a goldmine for sketching! Super Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing!!! A beginning class? Really?? You are so accomplished. These are wonderful glimpses into other folks and into your thoughts! I am so entertained when I visit. Thanks so much!
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do a mind-boggling number of people sketches each week. I enjoy all of them but it is fun to see what you are doing from Sketchy. Some of them look like serious portraits. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always so impressed on how prolific you are. I have to study each piece especially the faces. They are all so different and full of life. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!