Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Saving Money, Noon Time Walk, and New Quilt Plans

This new way of eating, smaller portions, bringing my lunch to work is saving me money. I figured that as I was spending an average of $6 a day for lunch four days a week, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less depending on where I went to eat, I am now saving approximately $48 in these first two weeks. Multiply that out for the year and it will be $1248 take away my vacation time...still a good sum of money saved! Think of the fabric I can buy, the paints, the sketch pads! This is so good. I continue to feel good. Find eating this new way satisfying, am not craving anything. I even am comfortable in the evenings when I used to snack. Now not eating after dinner is easy and comfortable. I do chew sugar free bubble gum if an urge, old habit bubbling to the surface, occurs. And am fine. I just took a noontime walk...20 minutes...my nose and toes feel froze (n). I don't do that well in cold, and I don't think it is THAT cold here today, but cold for me. I feel invigorated. I did stop at the local museum for a brief 5 minute break...saw lots of pretty jewelry, pottery, paintings on display. And in the gift shop a little deck of cards that were about Tapping your Creativity! I think mine has been tapped. But I enjoyed reading the back where it said: there are no mistakes, do your own thing, think outside the box, etc. Loved it. I walked down a main street that is residential and full of old, old restored Victorian homes. Just beautiful wonderful places to see. Wondered what it would be like to live in one of them. Saw pretty trees, huge orange trees dropping their fruit on peoples lawns...oh such waste. I do hope they are going to pick them up and eat them. They have more than one family could possibly eat. I'd put boxes out and say take for free. Now back in my warm office, ready for the rest of this wonderful day. A new quilt piece is bubbling in my mind as well. I have been offered my first commissioned piece. It's just in the initial planning stages, but I will start posting as my ideas as plans come more into fruition. It's exciting to think of designing something new. This will not be following a pattern, it will be my own creation. So, something to look forward to.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, You sound so full of energy and fun and ideas! I'm looking forward to all the things that will come out of your bubbling mind:)
    Love
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first commission. How wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thats alot to save a year. I think we are to much into fast food anymore. You saved money & calories. I am finding I don't chew my food enough. I am and dont over eat by chewing and eating slower & your digestion is much better for it. It was so cold this morning that I ached & I decided to heck with it. I need some comfort food. So I went into the kitchen & got a Dolly Madison cake out of the box & took a bite of it ..YUCK. In Three weeks I seem to have changed my taste buds for GOOD food. I spit it out as it tasted like WAX. I ached so I went for food. Stupid. All I needed to do was go for something HOT to drink and a blanket by the fire and warm up for awhile & do some stretches & I would feel better. Not by eating some junk food I would regret later that was going to do what?? We need to listen to our bodies more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cris, I am so proud of you for dumpting Dolly in the dumpster! I do find it much easier not to have the 'don't want to eat those foodstuffs anymore' in the house. Less tempting. Makes me search for something that is on my OKAY to eat list. Isn't it great the way the cravings go away after eating right for a while.

    Thanks Suki. Yes, Andrea, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart was bubbling over with joy as I read your beautiful and bubbling thoughts.

    You are boosting the bounties of this beautiful life!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. and i am so excited about your first commission too (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I also have felt a lot healthier and happier during periods when I made my own lunch instead of eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are doing great Lynn. An inspiration for me. And I love older homes too. I wish I could live in one, but it would just be too hard to renovate to make it accessible. Or too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for letting us walk along with you! it was lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!