I used a new toy I bought myself at Michael's...it's a multipurpose gadget that punches two sizes of hole and fastens several sizes of grommets to objects DE art. Now, here is how I made my multi-layered, multi processed ATC with a message.
1. Recycling, I cut out cards from an old cereal box = good sturdy card stock.
2. Then I applied Gesso to the cards giving the brown card a white background. A year ago I had no idea what Gesso was!
3. Then I waited for the Gesso to dry, once dry I painted with acrylic paints (2 colors) to said card.
4. After it dried I stamped the card with my cute "Snap Out of It" stamp by Mary Englebright.
5. I collaged the card next by adding the word SMILE cut out from a booklet of sayings and glued them to the card.
6. AND then I laminated the card with self sealing laminate pouches.
7. And finally I used my new grommet punch and added a hole and then a yellow grommet in one corner. I strung a ribbon in the hole. Wha-la! An ATC with a purpose! Hang it on your key chain Marianne (it goes to her for our ABC Blog "S " for this coming week) , and you will always have reason to SMILE. And in case you are in a bad mood the ATC will also remind you to Snap Out of It! and then SMILE! A message I needed my self recently!