Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

New Blog Look! Welcome to MY ART JOURNAL!

You probably noticed I changed the look of my blog. It's still a work in progress. Feel free to tell me what you love or hate about it or something in between. I'm not even sure how I feel about it yet myself. I just felt it was time for a change!
 
I no longer feel as though I am "Getting My Feet Wet", thus the change in name!
 
Without further ado on with the art journal chronicle of the past week or so:
 
You can tell it's spring when folks are wearing shorts and brighter colors in March and April.
Here's a parade of them at Starbucks!
 
 
You can also see lots of serious talk going on there! Two guys in business garb on a Friday morning;
Three women not as serious at their table in the back.
 


Just before Passover we'd gone to the Nugget to buy organic vegetables for roasting and I needed some organic grape juice (instead of wine) for a recipe with apples and cinnamon. It was fun watching this couple over their green smoothies surrounded by stuffed chicks, Easter baskets and Passover Matzo boxes! Nice that there is always something for everyone there.


My husband and my brother sat in the front of the car as I drew them from the back seat on our way to a family gathering in Stockton, CA. We take back country roads and everything was green and yellow and quite beautiful. Even the cows looked happy that it was springtime.


We were gathering to celebrate Passover with family. Our uncle Harry is our last remaining elder, at 96 and he was able along with his grand daughter, Lisa to lead the Seder.



I'm not sure what sacrilegious act it was to sit with art journal on my lap and draw everyone there, but I enjoyed doing it and no one else seemed to mind.


Later in the week we showed up at Starbucks, my usual haunt to draw. This might be the first time I drew the guy on the far left, but he soon becomes an regular in my art journal. Keep your eyes peeled.


There are always plenty of models for me to draw there. And my own table with art supplies and empty oatmeal container.


Sometimes we stop in Winters on our way home and I draw the First Western Bank. I'm sure you recall seeing this here before.


And the next week we are back at Starbucks. I love the characters I find there to draw.


Sometimes they meet up in my art journal with other people from different places I find my self during the week, like the Starbucks gal meeting the Cherry Pit gal in this drawing.



I had to get my car smogged. It only took a few minutes, but enough time to draw her  waiting for her car to get done.


And on Thursday of that week I had lunch at Tacos Jalisco. Of course it's a very colorful place to take out art journal and pen and paints!


See, there he is again, third time I drew "Mr. Regular Guy" ... and friends.


It was hard not to love drawing her Love Pink sweatshirt! And the lady with all the scarves!


There was a contest and these folks made it into my new banner. I may change that picture from time to time, what do you think? Does a banner need to stay the same all the time?


I love it when it is warm enough to go up the street to the park and draw kids and parents playing there! I turned off my hearing aides to shut out some of the kids screaming voices. But otherwise, it was quite pleasant to be there.


Once in awhile for a change I draw people on the TV. This is the same guy twice using two different pens.

 
Yes there I am again!
 

We had a lovely drive to Bodega Bay last weekend. Just in time for the Fisherman's Festival.


 
I loved meeting up with a sweet six year old boy who asked me, "what are you writing?"
I told him I was drawing too, and did he not like to draw? He said no. We went on to talk about my drawing and at the end of our quite long conversation he told me he liked my drawing and I suggested he go home and draw too. I hope he did.


We often walk along the headlands. I drew them first and then we walked up there over looking the ocean, noticing colorful wild flowers ... it was very lovely and kind of romantic too.
I sort of feel like this is one of our special places.


This is the forth time I drew "Mr. Regular Guy" ... and those gals for the first time.


This one is self explanatory.

 
And lastly today, this two page spread, featuring Mr. Regular Guy #5 on the far left top
and Mrs. Spontaneous Woman, who popped in just in the nick of time as I had run out of
people to draw there ... She saved the day and the page!
 
 
I hope you enjoy this LONG journey through my journal today. I know it's a lot to look at. It was a lot to draw too. I hope you will have an equally creative week.

Be sure to join us at Paper, Paint, Pencils & Pens where the theme changes tomorrow! I think it is to draw in a café or something like that! Gee, wonder what I will post there? LOL

Meet us at Paint Party Friday via the icon on my side bar on Thursday night, and Sunday Sketchers on Sunday.

Have a wonderful week! Thanks for coming by and thanks for letting me know what you think of the art and the changes here.

19 comments:

  1. Lynn,

    You do such a great job of capturing postures and personsonalities of each person your draw. I saw your work in the Sketchbook skool ad.. Congratulations!

    Happy drawing to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee for coming by to check out the changes in my blog. And for your comment about my drawings, much appreciated! See you in Sketchbook Skool!

      Delete
  2. I forgot to mention I like the changes to your blog. I agree your feet art wet enough, and now I would say you are fully emersed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black background and the overall look. Always good to mix it up a bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new look and the background change!!! Awesome collection of sketches. You are so good at sketching everywhere...even at the seder table capturing your family, which I lust love!!! Your Starbucks out there seems to have more interesting people than we have here. lol Have a great week! I am heading into NYC today so I hope to sketch some people on the train ride in. It will probably be too crowded on the way home and I'll end up standing so I doubt if I can do people on the return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss your old blog banner :(. There was such familiarity with the old one. Be careful when you change your blog name because those who know you by "getting my feet wet" may have a hard time finding you! You have built up credibility on google... not sure how that will work for you! Something you might try is to put your personal favorite monthly sketch on your banner once a month or twice a month.. Change it up. I love being greeted by someones art on their banner. Wonderful work here this week...love the pink hoodie...so cute...all so special!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well yes, I think your feet are pretty wet by now lol
    I like the look. I used to change my blogs background often, every few months and one big change a year.
    Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the drawings wow you have been busy this week in your journal..
    Happy PPF
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, a header certainly doesn't have to stay the same. Just as always - I love your drawings. Thanks for sharing these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great header. A change is always good every once in awhile. Each person has their own character. That's what I love about your drawings. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you journals :D And I really think it is incredible that you manage to journal this much!! To see this is a huge inspiration and motivation to start journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to check out the free class at SBS (get there via the icon on my side bar) or Sketchbookskool.com will do perhaps. We are an international community of artists all drawing in art journals/sketchbooks; the teachers are amazing art journal artists too and also international. Lots of positive feedback and inspiration. Thanks for your comment and glad I can inspire and motivate!

      Delete
  11. Another great week of drawing and painting... I like the fresh look on the blog too... it reflects where you are now I think... I would love to see a photo of the pile of journals you have filled... you must have quite a few by now...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, fabulous journal pages and entries, Lynn. I love how busy you stay with your art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the drawing from the back seat of the car!

    You are definitely not 'getting your feet wet' anymore! You're swimming in the deep end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, nice to see you here! That was a fun one to do. And to think I was always afraid of "the deep end"! Please come again soon.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comments as I love hearing from you. Your words of encouragement are why I continue to draw!